Friday, January 29, 2010
Walking through wet cement...
That's what I felt like today when I got on my treadmill, like I was walking through wet cement and it was drying really quickly! I wanted to stop so badly, my legs were screaming, my arms felt like 50 lb weights, and my mind was no where close to exercise! I stayed on and went up to 10% incline and back down and thought I'd get off after I hit 1%, but I trudged through the cement and eventually I felt like it wasn't drying quite so fast. I kept hearing in my head, "Pain is just weakness leaving the body." I believe this statement wholeheartedly. I am lazy, have been lazy for a long time, and getting this laziness off of my shoulders is gonna take a lot of work. I stayed on the treadmill and even went back up to 5% and back down again, and even jogged for a minute just to see what it felt like. It was HARD, I'm not gonna lie and say it was easy, cause it wasn't, but I did it and I'm proud. I am gonna lose this weight and change my life forever, I will not die to my obesity! I'm sick of it, sick of it! Sick of feeling awful, of looking awful, and feeling like less of a person because of my weight. I refuse to quit this time! Woo hoo, the endorphins have kicked in and I feel good right now! HEHE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
SO proud of you! Love what you wrote about feeling like less of a person because of the weight...why do we do that??? WHY? Maybe some day we will know all the answers as to why our psyche is the way it is, but until then, sweet friend...we'll just keep on keeping on together! I love you! And I am proud of us!
ReplyDelete