I was so tired this morning, almost quit and crawled back in bed and pulled the quilt over my head! But, I got up and got the kiddos off to school and went to the gym. My thoughts this morning were that I was only gonna walk and ride the bike for my 45 minutes and go home. I didn't want to be there, I didn't want to get more tired, but once I started, I wanted to feel the burn, I wanted to push myself! And boy, did I! I went for 25 minutes on the treadmill at 3.3-3.5 and walked all the way up to a 10% incline and back down! Then to finish my butt-kicking, I got on the elliptical and went for a whole 20 minutes! I usually go 15, on the treadmill, bike and elliptical, but felt like it wasn't pushing me enough, so I decided to change it up a little. My friends helped me so much this morning, just by cheering me on, and giving me a few words of encouragement, it's amazing how much that helps! My devotional today was AWESOME too! It kind of brought some things into perspective for me, it was about decisions. Little ones, big ones, and it tends to be the little ones that have been effecting me the most. I make all the right BIG decisions, going to church, getting up in the morning, going back to school...it's the little bites I take between meals, the decision to sit on my arse all day, or to read or not to read my Bible. These things affect me more deeply than I realize, and that's where I need to work, on the everyday decisions that you really don't think about much. What if I had stuck with my first decision to not work hard this morning, what if I had dicided to not go work out, but go back to bed!
Now, to work on the rest of my little decisions, laundry, dishes, vaccuming, etc. I choose not to do them, but why? THey need to be done, and that is one of the reasons I stay home, is to get them done. Then why don't I want to do them? Why can't I seem to find the pride in my home to get it done? I had it so cleaned up and nice before Christmas, but now, I don't really care! There's laundry on the couch and dishes in the sink, and floors that are screaming to be vaccumed! Get up and do it! I'm just so tired! UGH! I'm gonna have to find a balance between the workouts and the housework and my schoolwork and taking care of the kids and my hubby! UGH! It just feels so overwhelming sometimes! Especially today!
Praying for strength from the Lord to get through these grueling workouts and to get all my other priorities straight as well! God is good, and He will prevail and I know that through Him all things are possible!
No comments:
Post a Comment